Mission Viejo - Where "Home" is a "Hometown" again.
2013 Torch Award Nominee
Mission Viejo HOA
The purpose of the Mission Viejo Homeowners' Association is to advance the interests of the residents and property owners of Mission Viejo, a subdivision in the city of Aurora, Colorado, County of Arapahoe, State of Colorado by maintaining the same high quality residential areas, including the enforcement of restrictive covenants, and by initiating, promoting and improving any and all matters of mutual interest, benefit, and advantage to said area and to the persons who from time to time may be residents or owners of property in said area.
from the Articles of Incorporation for the Mission Viejo Homeowners' Association adopted and recorded on January 29th 1975.
2013 Holiday Lighting Contest
Entries will be accepted for The Mission Viejo Holiday
Lighting Contest beginning on November 30 through December 8, 2013 at 11:50 PM
Mountain Standard Time (MST). One (1) entry allowed per household.Voting will take place by the Judging Committee from December 9 through December 13, 2013, with winners announced at the Holiday Horse Ride event on December 14th. You do not need to be present at the Holiday Horse Ride event to win. The contest is open to all residents who are 18 years or older and legally own or reside in a Mission Viejo HOA home not in another
HOA. To enter, please register below and then follow the instructions on sending your photo(s) below. Photos should be taken at night
and tips for getting a great holiday lighting image can be found below the registration form.
Each area in Mission Viejo has an equal chance to win!! Winners and 2nd place entrants will be selected by judges in the four quadrants of Mission Viejo (NW, SW, NE, SE and the Center). Each area will have a winner and a runner-up. Prizes: best of area: $50, 2nd best of area: $25. There will be up to five pairs of winners for the neighborhood in total.
Good Luck and Happy Holidays from Mission Viejo!
Register below first. Don't forget to hit "submit"!
Holiday Lighting Photo Capture Tips:
Photographing holiday lights can be intimidating, but all you really need is a quality point and shoot camera and a bit of insight on how to ensure the decorations take center stage:
- Timing is Key: Some professionals recommend photographing outdoor decorative lighting shortly BEFORE the sun sets at twilight. During the dusk period, there will be a balance of diminishing ambient light contrasting with your holiday lights.
- Bring Your Tripod: Using a tripod is especially important when photographing holiday lights. A tripod provides stability for low-light photography. It will also keep your image properly framed. Long exposure images are vulnerable to camera shake, a tripod will help. If you don’t have a tripod, find a nearby wall or fence to provide additional support.
- Tungsten Setting: Holiday lights use tungsten lighting so you’ll want to set your white balance to tungsten as well. Using this setting will provide a nice contrast between the background sky and the lights. With a point and shoot camera, many of today’s models have a setting for nighttime shooting. Your flash may fire because it is interpreting that you have a subject that needs to be lit, but unless the decorations are only a few feet away, it won’t make much difference.
- Forget the Flash: For holiday lights, it’s best to let the decorations take center stage so keep your flash off. A strong flash can wash out the image and detract from the final result.
- A Shot a Minute Sequence: Once you have everything set, begin taking a photograph every minute or so. Your eyes may not register the gradual changes of the setting sun so track the time with your watch or cell phone. Shoot once per minute or so over a 10-15 minute period. You’ll see the changes in evening lighting as you scroll though your shots.
Best of Luck!
Holiday Hay Ride
Saturday, December 14, 4:30 – 8:30p.m. Holy Love Lutheran Church.
Please join us to celebrate the spirit of this holiday
season here in Mission Viejo. Like previous years, we will have two horse-drawn
wagons running on a scheduled basis. Prior to or at the end of the ride, join
us at Holy Love Church for hot chocolate, hot apple cider and HOA holiday
treats. Please - no food from residents this year, we are in a new venue and
need to limit the food - Thanks.
In order to plan the wagon rides, we need you to register
for a scheduled departure time slot. Each person and child in your party must
be registered. A total of 32 people will be allowed to ride per each time slot
which runs every 30 minutes. You can find the link to register on the main page
of our website or go to: http://www.slyreply.com/app/sheets/x429kiwtm9np/
If you or someone in
your family needs special assistance or you do not have access to the internet
please call us at 720-443-0462.
All reservations must be made by December 11th. No one under
18 will be allowed to ride unless accompanied by an adult. This event is
sponsored by your Mission Viejo HOA. Come celebrate the Holidays here in
Mission Viejo with this popular tradition!
Join Our Membership/Mission Viejo Trash Program!
The Mission Viejo HOA Membership/Trash Program provides "single stream recycling" to our residents under a voluntary single-hauler trash program.
Please click HERE to sign up for the program. Sign up today!
Call Pro Disposal if you have any questions:303-791-3827.
Dues in Lieu of Trash Program
For those not wanting to be in the HOA Membership/Trash Program, Mission Viejo Homeowners' Association Inc. dues are only $30 per year. Please help sustain your voluntary HOA organization dedicated to improving and retaining high property values. Mail your check today along with this membership information form to:
Mission Viejo Homeowners' Association Inc.
4255 S. Buckley Road, #110
Aurora, CO 80013-2951
or try our on-line dues payment by clicking HERE
Interested in being a web site sponsor?
Click HERE to see our advertising policy.
Appearance of an advertisement on this web site does not constitute a recommendation or endorsement by the Mission Viejo Homeowners' Association Inc. of the goods or services offered therein.
If you do not have the latest Adobe Reader click this: